Our Inspection & Reports
Alta Vista Inspection Reports Exceed The "Standards Of Practice" Established By The American Society Of Home Inspectors (ASHI). Our Typical Home Inspection Includes These Components And Systems:
- Exterior/Site: Grading, driveways, sidewalks, front porch, patio, gates, fences/walls, decks and stairs.
- Structure: Exterior walls, trim, foundation, basement, crawl space, exterior doors and chimneys.
- Roof: Roof covering, flashings, attic and insulation.
- Electrical: Entrance wires, main electric panels, branch wiring.
- Plumbing: Piping, valves, water heater and sprinkler/irrigation system.
- Heating/Cooling/Air Distribution System: Heating system, cooling system, air handler and evaporative cooler.
- Interior: Walls, floors, ceiling, doors and windows.
- Bathrooms: Countertops, cabinets, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers and ventilation.
- Kitchen: Countertops, cabinets, sinks and built-in appliances.
- Miscellaneous: Vehicle parking area, overhead garage door, garage-to-house door, laundry room, interior stairs and fireplaces.
- Swimming Pools/Spas: Structure, filter, pumps, blowers, plumbing, heater, electrical, pool/spa security and diving boards.
Items shown in italics are optional services, provided at an additional fee.
Our inspection reports are informative and easy-to-use. Inspection items are numbered for easier reference. You can decide whether to receive the report at the end of the inspection or to have it faxed to you later. Our detailed, written inspection reports include:
- A summary section listing the most significant items discovered during the inspection.
- A list of items that are high-cost and nearing the end of their useful life.
- A section describing suggested home improvements that can help provide a safer home for your family.
- An expanded comments section that provides detailed explanations of issues noted during the inspection.
- Free digital copies of photographs taken during the inspection.